Thursday, July 9, 2015

About Mrs.Belker

Welcome to 5th grade! This is going to be such a fun year with many exciting changes. I am thrilled be a part of this year of growth for all of your students. I am eager to get to know each of your families. My hope that  you will feel comfortable to email me or call me at anytime through out the year with questions or just to check progress. I will be updating you each week on this blog with an update of the class and some examples of work from the students. On this blog you will get to see what we are working on in class. It is going to hold all of the links the students are using and useful information such as spelling words and upcoming assignments.

After reading this post please go to the link below and fill out as much as you feel comfortable sharing, THANK YOU!
Parent Information Link



Now, to tell you a little about myself.

The Basics:
My name is Amanda Belker. I will be your 5th grade English Language Arts teacher. I am 23 years young. My husband and I have a toddler daughter who will be 2 in January and a 5 year old boxer named Chevy. We are both in education and he is a football coach in the area also. This is my 2nd year teaching here at Upper and I am ready to make it the best year for your students yet!

My Childhood:
I grew up 45 minutes north in a small town called Ash Grove. I spent time tutoring and assisting in the local elementary, which is how I fell in love with education.

Education
I went on to Missouri State after I graduated in 2010. In 2014 I finished my bachelors in in Education with an emphasis in eMints (enhancing Missouri in teaching strategies) which focuses on using technology in education.

Favorites
Hobbies: Outdoor activities, fitness, and nutrition
Food: Cheeseburger and Fries
Book: Pride and Prejudice
Sport: Football
Treat: Ice Cream









No comments:

Post a Comment